Do you know a woman who has successfully taken over a company and made a lasting impression on you?
Or former owners who have paved the way for women as successor entrepreneurs?
The Association of German Women Entrepreneurs (VdU) deserves praise for launching the She Succeeds Award. This is the first and only prize in Germany that recognizes successful company successions and handovers.
The award is under the patronage of Robert Habeck, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action.
Thanks also to all the jury members who, in their roles, are always committed to encouraging more female founders and successors:
- Jasmin Arbabian-Vogel, VdU President
- Dr. Marc Evers, Head of the SME Division DIHK
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Felden, Head of “Business Start-up and Business Succession” at HWR Berlin
- Dr. Daniela Jäkel-Wurzer, founding member of the “generation töchter” initiative
- Iris Kronenbitter, Head of the nationwide agency for female founders (bga)
- Anja Müller, Family Business Correspondent at Handelsblatt
- Dr. Anette Rückert, Head of the Business Start-up Division of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
The 2023 winners, Jeanette Spanier-Stark of Gerüstbau Spanier & Bichler GmbH (internal succession), Katharina Hupfer of Waschbär (external succession), and the married couple Brigitta Sui Dschen and Hans-Paul Mattke of MOIN Bio Backwaren (trailblazers), will also serve on the jury.
Who do you think will be the successor (internal/external) or trailblazer of 2024? Follow us on LinkedIn and comment on this post!